Pets News & Features
- Pet Vaccinations: Understanding Vaccinations for Your Cat or Dog
July 17, 2009 — WebMD discusses pet vaccinations, including why pets need them, vaccination reactions, the difference between “core” and “non-core” vaccines, and more.
- Microchipping Your Dog or Cat
July 6, 2009 — WebMD veterinary experts answer commonly asked questions about microchipping your dog or cat.
- Pets Cause Thousands of Injuries
March 26, 2009 — Tens of thousands of people trip over their dogs and cats every year, causing large numbers of broken bones or other nonfatal fall injuries, the CDC says.
- Pet Symptoms: 6 Signs of Illness in Your Dog or Cat
November 6, 2008 — What our sick pets can’t say in words, they’ll demonstrate through physical symptoms and behavior changes.
- Pet Allergies: Making It Work
January 1, 2007 — With a few changes you can keep your companion animal -- and manage your pet allergies, too.
- Pet Owners Put Pets on Xmas Gift List
December 22, 2006 — Six in 10 Americans are pet owners, and more than two-thirds of them have ever given their pets Christmas gifts, a Gallup poll shows.
- Coping With Pet Loss
July 10, 2006 — Pet grief has emerged from the doghouse. There's now a bevy of books, support groups, hotlines, and online forums where you'll find others who will share your pain, or at least listen without being dismissive.
- CDC: Take Care Handling Pet Treats
June 30, 2006 — Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling pet treats made with meat or fish, the CDC says.
- The Truth About Cats and Dogs
September 24, 2002 — Pets Better Than Friends, Spouses at De-Stressing Their Owners
- Some Pet Treats Could Be Hazardous to Your -- and Spot's -- Health
July 18, 2000 — Before you reward Fido with a yummy dried pig ear or rawhide bone, be forewarned! You could be endangering the health of both your beloved pet and yourself.
- Hospital Helps Employees Care for Pets and Patients
April 12, 2000 — The cost of health insurance is not only rising for humans, but for pets, too. Pet insurance's mere existence was inevitable. And now, more and more employers are starting to add the coverage to their list of employee benefits.
- Pet Owners Beware: Reptiles Can Cause Salmonella Infections
November 10, 1999 — A CDC report underscores the point that reptile-related salmonella infections continue to pose a substantial threat to human health.