Pets News & Features
- How to Housetrain a Puppy or Kitten
May 30, 2013 — How to teach your kitten or puppy to do their business outdoors.
- How to Keep Fleas and Ticks Out of Your Home
May 22, 2013 — Tips for keeping fleas and ticks out of your home, if you have dogs and cats.
- How to Create a Pet Emergency Kit
May 6, 2013 — Do you know what to have on hand for your pets in case of emergency?
- How Your Health Habits Affect Your Pet
March 14, 2013 — Take stock of your lifestyle -– it might be putting your pet at risk.
- Salmonella Fears Spur Major Recall of Pet Treats
February 21, 2013 — Brands such as Colorado Naturals, Nature's Deli are included
- Pet Care: Why Grooming Is Important
September 24, 2012 — Keep your cats and dogs in show-worthy condition for better health.
- Pets May Help Kids With Autism
August 1, 2012 — By just about any measure of accomplishment, Danny Gross would be considered a successful young adult.
- Should You Go to the Emergency Vet?
May 21, 2012 — Health crises for pets are as serious as for humans. Here's how to tell if you should head to the animal ER.
- How to Leash Train Your Dog
March 9, 2012 — Teaching your pooch to walk on lead can be tough, but it's good for both of you.
- Kittens and Puppies: Pet Proof Your Home
March 8, 2012 — Baby animals are cute -- but they can also be destructive. Here's how to protect them and your house.
- Pet Health: Is the End Near?
November 9, 2011 — Is your dog or cat just getting older or could it be time to face your greatest fear about your pet?
- After One Pet Dies: Should You Get a New One?
November 8, 2011 — While you may be tempted to replace the pet you lost, it's best to take some time to think and grieve, one expert says.
- At-Home Pet Euthanasia
September 30, 2011 — WebMD talks about what to know if you're considering at-home pet euthanasia.
- Adopting a Rescue Pet: What to Consider
September 27, 2011 — WebMD talks to veterinarians and other experts for advice about adopting a dog or cat from a shelter.
- Pets Boost Owners' Emotional, Physical Health
July 13, 2011 — Pets improve the emotional and physical well-being of their owners in their daily lives, a new study shows.
- Taking Your Dog on a Road Trip
July 11, 2011 — Expert tips for traveling by car with your favorite canine companion.
- Naming Your Dog or Cat
June 15, 2011 — WebMD talks to experts about what to consider when choosing a name for your pet dog or cat.
- Are You Ready to Get a Pet?
June 14, 2011 — WebMD discusses what to consider before you get a pet.
- Should Your Pet Go on a Vegetarian Diet?
May 19, 2011 — WebMD talks to experts about vegetarian or vegan diets for dogs and cats.
- Prepping Your Pet for Your New Baby
May 17, 2011 — WebMD talks to experts about how to prepare your pet for your new baby's arrival. Find out what you can expect from the pet's behavior and what's safe for the baby.
- Common Illnesses in Puppies and Kittens
May 5, 2011 — Even young pets that have had their shots can get sick. Here's what to watch out for.
- Top 10 Dog and Cat Injuries
March 22, 2011 — Veterinarians talk to WebMD about common injuries in dogs and cats.
- Should You Shave Your Pet for Summer?
March 15, 2011 — WebMD talks about how to shave your pets for summer, provides tips, explains what supplies are needed, and more.
- Pets' Amazing Abilities
February 14, 2011 — WebMD talks to experts about whether dogs can sniff cancer, predict seizures, and more.
- How to Make the Most of Your Vet Visit
January 18, 2011 — Taking your dog or cat to the vet? Get expert tips on how to make your vet visit effective.
- Pets in Bed: More Dangerous Than Bedbugs?
January 14, 2011 — Lots of people sleep with their dogs and cats, but the habit carries a low but real risk of diseases (including plague), infections (including MRSA), and parasites (including worms).
- Dog Food, Cat Food Recalled in 19 States
December 20, 2010 — Kroger says some of its private brands of dog and cat food may contain aflatoxin, a potentially deadly mold by-product. The recall includes various Pet Pride, Old Yeller, and Kroger brands.
- Top Pet Health Topics of 2010
November 16, 2010 — WebMD's top pet health topics of 2010 include what pets can safely eat, whether to let pets sleep in your bed, the link between your personality and your pet, and more.
- Giving Pets as Gifts: Think Twice
October 22, 2010 — Experts tell WebMD the 4 rules to follow before giving someone a gift of a dog or cat.
- Pet Gift Hazards to Avoid
October 22, 2010 — Before you give your pet a gift, find out what could be risky, according to experts who talked to WebMD.
- Isabella Rossellini Takes Her Love of Animals to the Screen
October 6, 2010 — The award-winning actress's new series takes an up-close look at animals' dating and mating rituals.
- When Dog and Cat Meet
September 17, 2010 — WebMD talks with experts about how to help your new cat get along with your dog, or your new dog to get along with your cat.
- 5 Health Mistakes Dog Owners Make
August 19, 2010 — Even the best dog owners sometimes make mistakes – especially when it comes to their dog’s health. Here are 5 common health mistakes dog owners make and how to avoid them.
- Tainted Pet Food Linked to Rare Salmonella Infection
August 9, 2010 — Study: Pet food is a source of salmonella infection, and millions of families, particularly young children, may be at risk of becoming sick if pet food is not properly handled and stored in the home.
- Tips for Finding a Lost Pet
July 16, 2010 — Tips for finding a lost dog or cat, including flyers, rewards, microchips, and more.
- Pet Behavior Problems: Can Pheromones Help?
June 25, 2010 — WebMD talks to experts about pheromone products designed to help with pet behavior problems.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Pets
June 16, 2010 — WebMD talks to animal health experts about complementary and alternative medicine for pets.
- Your Partner vs. Your Pet
June 7, 2010 — WebMD talks to experts about what couples can do when they have issues with pet behavior or pet allergies.
- Are You Obsessed With Your Pet?
June 7, 2010 — WebMD talks to experts about pet obsession, animal hoarding, and more.
- Tripping Over Pets Sends Thousands to ER
April 23, 2010 — According to a CDC report, many people get hurt every year when chasing or tripping over their pets -- cats as well as dogs.
- Best Pet Deshedding Tools
March 24, 2010 — Tired of finding pet hair here, there, and everywhere? These handy deshedding tools can help.
- Caution Urged in Use of Flea, Tick Products for Pets
March 18, 2010 — In the wake of mounting reports of adverse pet health effects, the Environmental Protection Agency has issued new restrictions on spot-on flea and tick products -- and urges extra care in their use.
- The Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan Talks Canines, Kids, and Finding Balance
February 25, 2010 — The internationally renowned dog trainer and author stays healthy with good eating habits, exercise, and a clear life philosophy.
- Survey Reveals Top 10 Pet Health Problems
February 23, 2010 — Ear infections, skin allergies, and urinary tract problems top the list of pet health insurance claims, a survey shows.
- Diet Pet Foods May Pack on the Pounds
January 29, 2010 — Confusing information on pet food labels may make it hard for pet owners to find the right diet food for their overweight dogs and cats, a study shows.
- Pets in Your Bed
January 15, 2010 — WebMD discusses the health implications of pets sleeping in bed with you.
- Your Pet May Predict Your Personality
January 14, 2010 — Are you a "cat person" or a "dog person"? A study shows cat people may be more creative and dog people more outgoing.
- Pet Frog Salmonella Spans 31 States
January 7, 2010 — Pet African dwarf frogs from a single California breeder caused an 8-month salmonella outbreak in 31 states. Of the 85 cases, mostly in kids, 16 were hospitalized.
- Pet Winter Safety: Prepping Your Pet for Winter Weather
December 16, 2009 —
- Natural Insect Control: Flea and Tick Treatments for Pets
October 8, 2009 — WebMD discusses natural options for controlling fleas and ticks on pets.