PREVIOUS QUESTION:

 

NEXT QUESTION:

 

Why shouldn't dogs eat grapes and raisins?

ANSWER

Grapes, and the raisins made from them, can cause kidney failure in dogs.

This doesn't affect every dog that eats grapes or raisins. Experts still aren't sure which ingredient in the fruit may cause this problem.

From: Foods Your Dog Should Never Eat WebMD Medical Reference

SOURCES:

Gugler, K. July 2012. Compendium: Continuing education for veterinarians,

Kovalkovicova, N. September 2009. Interdisciplinary toxicology,

FDA: "No bones about it: Bones are unsafe for your dog."

Reviewed by Amy Flowers on May 09, 2019

SOURCES:

Gugler, K. July 2012. Compendium: Continuing education for veterinarians,

Kovalkovicova, N. September 2009. Interdisciplinary toxicology,

FDA: "No bones about it: Bones are unsafe for your dog."

Reviewed by Amy Flowers on May 09, 2019

NEXT QUESTION:

What are symptoms of grape and raisin poisoning in dogs?

WAS THIS ANSWER HELPFUL

THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.

    This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.