8 Common Cat Problems and How to Solve Them
- Homemade Cat Food and Raw Cat Food
Healthy homemade food, and some raw foods, are good for humans, but are they good for your cat? Here are the facts – and the risks.
- Why Does My Cat Knead Me?
Learn more about why cats knead you with their paws.
- Why Does My Cat Wash (Groom) Me?
Does your cat try to wash or groom you? Learn more about why cats do this.
- What is My Cat Thinking?
Learn what your cat might be thinking and how to know what is on their mind.
- What to Expect in Your Kitten’s First Week at Home
Learn how to get ready for a new kitten.
- How to Read Your Cat's Body Language
Wondering what your cat is thinking? Learn what their body language says about their mood.
- How to Keep Your Cat Physically and Mentally Active
Learn about keeping your cat active, including physical activity and mental health.
- How to Clean and Medicate Your Cat's Ears
Learn about cleaning your cat’s ears, including applying medication without a hassle.
- A Healthy Weight for Your Cat
Vets explain how to keep your cat at a healthy weight and why it matters.
- Keep Your Indoor Cat Healthy
Great ways to keep your indoor feline healthy and occupied.
- 6 Things Your Vet Wants You to Know About Cat Food
With so many cat food brands in stores, it’s easy for pet parents to get confused. Here’s how to pick the healthiest diet for your feline friend.
- Q&A With Beth Stern
In February, television personality and animal activist Beth Stern will host the third annual Hallmark Channel Kitten Bowl, during which, she says, "macho men will cheer on ridiculously cute kittens."
- Why Do Cats Have Whiskers?
What do cats’ whiskers do? How do they work?
- How to Help Your Aging Cat
Our expert shares tips for keeping your kitty comfortable through her golden years.
- Healthy Cats Gift Guide
Veterinarians share their picks for gifts for cats.
- Well Visits for Cats
Most people don't take their kitties in for regular check-ups. But they can be crucial for your cat's health.
- How to Bond With a Cat
WebMD discusses how to make friends with a cat.
- When Your Cat Wakes You Up
WebMD talks to experts about how to keep your cat from waking you up in the morning.
- 5 Risky Hiding Places for Cats
WebMD talks to cat epxerts about cat hiding places in your home that may be dangerous.
- Adding Another Cat to Your Home
WebMD talks to cat experts about how to add another cat to your home and help all your cats get along.
- 6 Health Mistakes Cat Owners Make
Sometimes our best intentions aren’t best for the health needs of our cat. Here are 6 common health mistakes cat owners make and how to avoid them.
- Do Hypoallergenic Cats Exist?
WebMD talks to experts about the quest for a hypoallergenic cat.
- Enforcing No-Cat Zones
Top tips for keeping kitty happy -- and off your furniture, counters, bladder, and bed.
- Which Cat Breed Is Right for You?
Considering buying a purebred cat? Find out which cat breeds are the most popular, and what to expect from each.
- Solving Cat Litter Box Problems
WebMD provides solutions to some common cat litter box problems including medical conditions and other reasons your cat won’t use the litter box.
- Mistakes People Make Feeding Cats
WebMD examines common cat feeding mistakes people make and how to know how much food and water cats need.
- Healthy Pets Holiday Gift Guide
WebMD discusses ideas for pet gifts, from dog beds to music for cats. Get your pet something healthy and useful this year.
- Does Your Cat Need a New Home?
Thinking of finding your cat a new home? First try these solutions to 6 common issues that cause people to give up cats.
- Mobile Veterinary Service for Dogs and Cats
WebMD mobile veterinary expert provides answers to commonly asked questions about providing housecall veterinary services for dogs and cats.
- Why Cats Purr
WebMD discusses the reasons why cats purr.
- Cat Breeders: Choosing the Best Kitten for Your Family
Adopting a kitten can be a tricky decision-making process. If you’re considering a breeder, check out WebMD’s tips of what to look for and how to know if the kitten is right for you.
- How to Read Cat Food Labels
WebMD offers advice on what to look for on cat food nutrition labels to help ensure that you’re getting the right nutrients for your cat.
- Feeding Your Adult Cat: What You Need to Know
From types of cat food to a feeding schedule, WebMD provides tips and advice for feeding your adult cat and providing adequate nutrition.
- Cats and Compulsive Scratching, Licking, and Chewing
WebMD discusses common reasons why your cat might be biting, chewing, or scratching itself.
- Cats and Dairy: Get the Facts
WebMD discusses the facts about cats and dairy, why so many are lactose intolerant, and why substituting a saucer of milk for water may not be best for your kitten.
- Feeding Tips for a Cat With Diabetes
Like people, cats -- especially overweight cats -- can get diabetes. WebMD explains cat diabetes symptoms, causes, and treatments, including dieting and insulin.
- Feeding Kittens: What, When, How Much
WebMD discusses the basics of feeding your kitten, offers tips for food selections, and describes the differences in nutritional needs between kittens and adult cats.
- What Can Go Wrong With My Kitten?
WebMD veterinary expert answers commonly asked questions about kitten care, including vaccinations, common illnesses, how often you should schedule veterinary checkups, and kitten birth defects.
- Overweight Cats: Diets and Associated Health Risks
WebMD discusses health problems common in overweight cats, such as diabetes, osteoarthritis, and respiratory problems. Here are tips on how to determine your cat’s ideal weight and dietary changes to help you reach that weight.
- Why Is My Cat Eating That?
WebMD discusses odd eating behavior in cats and explains some of the reasons that might lead to unusual cravings in cats.
- Cat Vitamins and Supplements: Do They Work?
Just like people, cats need adequate vitamins and minerals to be healthy, and sometimes that means they need a vitamin or mineral supplement. WebMD helps you understand what types there are and how to find the right one.
- Feline Diabetes: Symptoms, Treatments, Prevention, and Diet Tips
Diabetes may affect more than 2% of all cats, and the causes are not fully known. Thomas Graves and WebMD team up to provide feline diabetes information and tips for treatment or prevention.
- Bonding with Your New Kitten
You’ve brought home a new kitten, and you want it to grow into a loving, happy member of your family. Rolan Tripp answers questions on how to make it happen.
- Fat Cats: Questions and Answers for Getting Your Tubby Tabby Back into Shape
More than half of American cats are overweight or obese. Rolan Tripp, DVM, answers our questions on the best way to get our feline friends back in shape.
- The Truth About Spaying or Neutering Your Cat
WebMD veterinary expert answers commonly asked questions about spaying or neutering your cat.
- How to Deal With a Cat That’s a Picky Eater
WebMD veterinary experts answer commonly asked questions about cats and finicky eating habits.
- Cancer in Cats: Types, Symptoms, Prevention, and Treatment
WebMD veterinary expert answers commonly asked questions about cancer in cats, including how common it is, what the symptoms are, and what the survival rate is.
- Cat Nutrition for a Healthy Coat
WebMD discusses the factors that contribute to a healthy coat for your cat, including nutrition, age, weight, and bathing.
- Feeding Your Senior Cat
Some aging cats lose their appetite or become obese. Experts tell WebMD how to feed your senior cat and what nutritional supplements he might need.