Miranda Lambert: Country Star, Dog Rescuer
The singer/songwriter talks about staying healthy, her new album, and why she loves helping dogs.
Staying Healthy on the Road continued...
1. "No matter who you are and where you are, think ahead. Preparation is key because we're not very good at 'I'll play it by ear.' The night before, look at your day: Do you have time to work out? Do you have a gym at the hotel? Is there a park close by? Just take your workout clothes out the night before."
2. "Do the same thing nutritionally: Plan it out. If you anticipate a busy day, make some snacks to throw in your bag, so if you're going from one meeting or activity to another and you're hungry, you're prepared. Homemade trail mix is great. I always have a banana or apple with me."
3. "A tip for eating out: If you know you're going to a particular restaurant, go online, look at the menu, and decide what you're going to order before you're sitting at the table, starving."
4. "If your body is able to walk or run, you can do that anywhere, and it doesn't cost you anything."
5. "Use the environment around you: park benches for triceps dips, a tennis or basketball court for lunges and jumping jacks. You can do the same thing in your hotel room -- dips off a chair, push-ups between the beds. Be creative!"
6. "Pack an exercise band. It's lightweight, portable, and allows you to do a workout from head to toe."
Find more articles, browse back issues, and read the current issue of "WebMD the Magazine."