Urinary Incontinence in Dogs
How Can I Manage Urinary Incontinence?
- Pile clean blankets and towels in your dog’s favorite sleeping spot, or put waterproof pads under her bedding to absorb any moisture.
- Take your dog for more frequent walks, including first thing in the morning and shortly after she wakes from a nap.
- Consider using doggie diapers, which are available at many pet stores.
- Please consult with your vet before limiting your dog’s water intake.
- Provide proper hygiene to prevent any related skin infections.
- Always monitor your pet’s condition, since it can quickly accelerate to infection, especially in elderly dogs.
WebMD Veterinary Reference from the ASPCA
© 2009-2014 ASPCA. All Rights Reserved.