Canine Flu Symptoms and Treatment
I Foster/Work With Multiple Dogs. What Advice Do You Have For Me?
The risk of CIV is always present. That’s why it’s important to work with a
veterinarian to develop a plan of action in the event of an outbreak. You’ll
want to diagnose and treat the issue promptly.
- Routinely monitor animals for signs of illness and keep
- Isolate sick animals from healthy animals, especially those
with signs of respiratory disease.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling each
- Gloves should be worn when handling infected dogs or cleaning
- Use antibiotics with care.
- Remember that CIV is generally a very treatable disease.