Asthma Symptoms in Cats
How Can I Prevent My Cat From Having an Asthma Attack?
- Have your cat tested routinely for internal parasites.
- Reduce stress in your pet’s environment, as it tends to worsen allergy and
- Do not use perfumes, room fresheners, carpet deodorizers, hairspray,
aerosol cleaners, etc., around your cat.
- Avoid using cat litters that create a lot of dust, scented litters or
- Dry air encourages asthma attacks, so keep a good humidifier
going-especially during the winter months.
- Keep your kitty’s weight down and her body active!
- And please remember, no cat should be exposed to cigarette smoke-but if
your cat has asthma, cigarette smoke is an absolute no-no.
WebMD Veterinary Reference from the ASPCA
© 2009 ASPCA. All Rights Reserved.